Over the weekend, I kicked my sugar habit with the help of "Sugar coated", a documentary I found on Netflix, which reinstated my creativity in the kitchen! I don't know what my deal is, but when I am eating sugar, it really impedes my cooking. All I want is sugar! I am so inspired and can't wait to make some amazing dishes!
On Saturday, we set off for hiking and trout fishing in the mountains. Almost as soon as we got out of the car, "C's" hand was crushed between two boulders. Just after taking this picture, he tried to climb up the steep bank. The small boulder near his forearm in the picture slid down and carter was stuck. Ironically, it was the same finger that Carter broke in a car door about six months ago which required surgery and a couple months of physical therapy. Thank goodness my husband was there to lift the boulder off his hand! He said it weighed well over 100 lbs. By the way, the picture was taken from the bottom of the slope. Their legs are not actually that long! :)
We went back to the same hand surgeon today. They didn't see any broken bones, but the hand is pretty mangled. He will wear this for three weeks, then start physical therapy again.
I was hoping to get some beautiful pictures of the fall leaves in the mountains, but we were in such a rush to get Carter to the hospital that it didn't happen. At least I snapped this picture while driving back down the mountain!
On Sunday, My husband and I teamed up in the kitchen to recreate the savory crepes my mom made for our wedding luncheon. It pays to marry a guy who served a two year mission in France (for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) and mastered crepes while he was there. Our oldest son said that these were so good that we should open a restaurant to sell them. We both looked at each other as if a lightbulb had just turned on. Hmmm....I am always talking about reopening my bakery, but a creperie and bakery in one would be so fun! Sometimes I really wish I could go to cooking school and receive formal training in French cuisine.
On our honeymoon to Paris, we stayed in a bed and breakfast near the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Elysées. Just down the street was a Creperie. We must have eaten there to prompt the picture, but I don't remember. I do remember eating crepes in France, so I will have to ask my husband. Who knows. Maybe this was a foreshadowing of things to come!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! If you know me, please keep our location and personal information confidential. Have a great day!