This morning I was headed to play group with my kids where muffins would be served. I knew they would have ingredients my kids and I avoid and I have been itching to make muffins lately, so this was the perfect opportunity. Any time we are going somewhere and food will be served, I take food we can eat. Weddings, birthday parties, and dinner parties are not sad occasions when we go without, they are memories to be made. By taking our own food, it puts the hostess at ease and helps us to live life to the fullest without disrupting the flow.I've been developing this muffin recipe for about a year, now. You can take the base recipe and change a couple ingredients to experience a whole new muffin. Stay tuned for several variations!
For those of you who don't own a high power blender, I will try to work on a flour-based version. You could probably measure the grains and then grind them into flour. Let me know how it goes if you try it with flour! Without further adieu, here is the recipe:
Banana Pumpkin Spice Muffins
These blender muffins are moist, fluffy and flavorful. No one will ever know they are gluten-free and dairy-free. I make them without sweetener and then serve them with honey. Honey is an invert sugar in its raw state. When it is heated above 95 degrees, it becomes a sugar, affects blood sugar levels and loses enzymes. If you want to add your own sweetener, use 1/2 cup of your favorite one. They are made with the whole grains, rather than flour to avoid loss of nutrients.
1 C Whole Sorghum
1/2 C Whole Millet
1 1/2 C Certified Gluten Free Oats
1 tsp Chia Seeds
2 Ripe Bananas
2 Eggs
1/4 C Pumpkin Puree
1 C Almond Milk
1 C Canned Whole Coconut Milk
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/8 tsp Ground Ginger
1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
2 TBSP Coconut oil
1/2 C Sweetener of Choice (optional - see above)
Add ingredients to high power blender. Process on high for 2-4 minutes or until batter is quite smooth. Add baking powder and baking soda. Mix on a lower setting or stir by hand just until combined. Don't lose those precious bubbles by over-stiring!
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
Spray muffin tins. Pour batter into tins 1/2 full for low altitude or 3/4 full for high altitude. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.
*Important!* I live at high altitude, so your bake time and temperature may vary. Please let me know how the time and temperature work if you live at a lower altitude.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! If you know me, please keep our location and personal information confidential. Have a great day!