Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Jenna's Green Smoothie #1


This morning I threw together a green smoothie.  My eight your old said, "It tastes like a mix between banana bread and a green smoothie!"  It is packed with super foods ind great stuff that I would never get them (or my husband) to eat otherwise.  I will try to estimate the recipe:

Jenna's Green Smoothie #1

3 cups Spinach
3 tbsp Chia Seeds
2          Ripe Bananas
1-2 Cups Frozen Fruit
1 tsp    Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup   Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt
2-3 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
Small Handfull Fresh Wheat Grass


This made enough for our family of five for breakfast.  What is your favorite green smoothie recipe?  


5 comments:

  1. Mine is definitely not that healthy. I use loads of spinach, two cups of fruit (always a frozen banana), water, and a sugar free water flavoring packet (because it tastes good and is calorie free).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Green Smoothies! :) What's important is to get those greens in us. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two that I like making - There's one I call "Christmas Cookie" where I add a knuckle of peeled ginger, cinnamon, tad bit of nutmeg, honey, greens, banana, yellow fruits (pineapple is best) and almond milk. Kids love it! And the ginger is anti-inflammatory and helps with a lot of stuff, including my stomach pooch go down ;) In making a green smoothie just for myself, I"ll do greens, mixed fruits, honey, water or almond or coconut milk,ACV and throw in a little cilantro and/or inch of ginger. Really spices it up and the cilantro is supposed to be good for cleaning blood (if I remember right). Love your idea with this one too! I haven't used chia seeds in years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound great, Beth. :) This is awesome! I'm getting lots of new recipes. I believe cilantro and parsley are chelators. They pull toxins and heavy metals out of our bodies. I would definitely say they clean the blood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you know me, please keep our location and personal information confidential. Have a great day!